Plant and Insect Diagnostic Clinic
Every Wednesday this summer, the Extension Master Gardeners will be hosting the Plant and Insect Diagnostic Clinics at Bunker Hills Activities Center. This summer-long event takes place every Wednesday 6pm-8pm, May 21st to August 27 (excluding July 2). Anoka County residents are welcome to bring up to three samples of garden, lawn plant, or weed for identification, and samples of damaged plant material for diagnosis of common insect, disease, or other problems. Samples must be provided by 7:30pm.
- Plants: 8-10" long and include leaves, fruit, and flowers if available
- Disease/Insect Problems: Note if some or all of your plants are infected. Is the problem spreading?
- Insects: Place them in plastic container or screw top container and preserve them in the freezer
- Turf: sample must include roots and be the size of a shoe box. If diseased, please provide healthy turf as well
"A Walk in the Garden" Classes
Free classes taking place every Wednesday from 7-8pm, but pre-registration is required: 763-755-1280
Classes take place at the Veteran's Memorial Garden at the south end of the Bunker Hills Activities Center building.
- June 11: What Every Gardener Should Know About Beneficial Insects
- June 25: Gardening to Attract Butterflies
- July 9: Explore Our Pollinator's Garden for a Healthy Environment
- July 30: Growing Dahlias
- August 13: Biochar Research Garden Tour
- August 27: Planting Bulbs in the Fall for Spring Color
Don't Miss the Anoka County Master Gardener Plant SaleThis event takes place at the Anoka Armory located at 408 East Main St.
- Tuesday, May 20th 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 21st 7:30 am - 2:00 pm
For more information, call 763-755-1280