This package combines our E-Heat Electric Brewing Element along with a Unistat III Temperature Controller and you can save a few bucks buying them in this package.
This heating element is completely enclosed in a stainless steel waterproof housing and can easily fit in kettles from 5 gallons to 15 gallons without drilling any holes in your kettle. A 2 inch SS tri-clamp assembly makes it easy to clean and ensure your element remains waterproof for worry free electric brewing.
This unit is completely wired and ready to brew. Simply place the element in a kettle of water and plug it in to any standard 15 amp household outlet. For safety we highly recommend plugging it into a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter or GFCI for short.
1650 watts has the ability to boil between 5 and 6 gallons of wort. Combined with our Unistat III Temperature Controller you have the ability to hold your mash temperatures right on the money for the entire mash without the constant monitoring. Set it and forget it!
Add the Unistat III and the False Bottom and it becomes the perfect fit for Electric Brew in a Bag.
Unistat III Temperature Controller
This controller can be used in plenty of places around your Brewery and Winery. No programming required! It can easily be set to HEAT or to COOL. The controller can easily handle up to 15 amps for COOL mode or 1650 Watts for HEAT mode. So it can be setup to heat sparge water, control a RIMS pump or element, or control a hot water bath for yogurt or cheese. It can be just as easily setup to control a freezer or refrigerator to maintain great fermentation temperatures, keep your wine stored at the optimal temperature. This controller has plenty of robust features that come as standard equipment and it is manufactured in the U.S.A., with a 3-Year factory Warranty!
- The bright red LED 3-digit display is easy to see and shows current temperature.
- The set-point is easily adjusted with a toggle switch, from 35 – 220°F (or can be reset for °C, from 1 - 105°)
- There is an adjustable differential. (The differential is the range above and below the set-point temperature at which the unit turns ON or OFF. Changing this setting can give precise temperature control or energy savings.) Standard setting is +/- 1°F.
- There is a slide switch for heating or cooling modes.
- One of the unique features of this unit that is uncommon and even unavailable on most brands of controller is a duty cycle selector. This selector can be set for 50% or 100% duty cycle. Changing this setting to 50% helps to prevent over-shooting in both heating and cooling situations by limiting the amount of “On Time” and “Off Time” so that the set-point can be reached more slowly and with more accuracy. Includes automatic reset to 100% if 50% duty cycle is insufficient.
- There is also an automatic compressor protection in the COOL mode to prevent excessive cycling from damaging the cooling device.
- The unit comes supplied with a general purpose replaceable 8’ temperature probe. This probe works well in a ¼” Thermo-well for heating applications or placed inside a refrigeration unit for cooling.
- There is an optional bottle probe for long-term storage temp control.
- Simply mount this controller on the wall or other surface, plug it in, plug the device to be controlled into it and place the temperature probe. Then you are ready to set the temp and start using it!
Caution: Anytime you are using electricity near water you should have everything plugged into a GFCI or Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter.
Here is a great demonstration video for these products.